For any of you who have been reading my reviews for a while I’m sure that by now you can tell I am a horror lover…and if you didn’t know, now you do! With that said I am sure you can imagine my excitement when I was informed that I would be reviewing a series that’s titled “Horror Hotel”! BEST DAY EVER!
(1 Hour Later)
Now that I’ve gotten my breathing and excitement levels under control I’m ready to start watching this series! Below are my notes exactly as I wrote them for each of the episodes.
– Where did her glasses go?
– So robot girl needs glasses at first and not after? Makes no sense.
– Goosebumps like.
– The script is eh…
– Concept is amusingly interesting.
– The set is good.
– So Nazies are still around?
– Cute twist….Very Goosebumpesque.
– Overall this episode is cute.
– The blood is to bright.
– Creepy and slimy feeling.
– Major overacting from the blond.
– The brunette is pretty good though, definitely keep an eye out in the future for her.
– Pretty good episode.
– Black and white old school style, very cute.
– LOVED IT!!! Like being transported to the old Twilight Zone show! I wish this episode was longer!
– The acting was great. A little over the top on a few occasions but it worked perfectly with this episode.
– The script flowed smoothly and the costumes and makeup looked great!
– Gun is so light that the actor couldn’t fake it’s “reality” enough.
– It’s either the gun or an actor who doesn’t know how to use it…
– The reuse of the same line…
– The money is so fake!!!
– Amusing thought with the food Nazis. Costumes need a little help though.
– Are we living in an alternate universe where Nazis won? Why are there so many of them?
– Overall cute story. Amusing thought with Tesla’s Tooth… Goes to show you that one should never mess with a techie.
– On a side note, I did google to see if it was real….lol.
– Holy crap they are showing another set!
– That’s the mother???? So CHEESY!!
– Nice effect on having the phone fall of the hook.
– Electricution by lamp!
– There two actors have great chemistry.
– The ending to this one was weak though.
– I’m enjoying the grey scale of this one.
– She looks too old for her part….Maybe it’s on purpose.
– Yep, something is up!
– Kind of silly but the ending was very “got what they deserved”.
-ALIENS STOLE MY BOYFRIEND-
– And we open with a cheesy spaceship that feels oddly fitting.
– The main actress is insanely over the top acting…. oh god…
– She is way too OVER dramatic!
– She is killing the episode….
– At least it was an amusing ending.
– Different setting!
– The music is ruining it.
– Why does the quality of this one seem so much lower?
– The acting qualityy and everything (including the sound) is so much poorer than all the previous episodes.
– Cue the cheesy soap opera music!
– The make up is too obvious.
– So much CHEESE!
– Even the acting is pure cheese!
– Uber fake punch.
– WTF!?!?!? And NOT in the good way!
– Just take this episode back and pretend it never happened.
Collectively I have to say that the show is fun! Even though it is far from perfect, it is perfectly imperfect. I will certainly keep tabs on this one and keep up with all future episodes! Yes, there was alot of cheese, but mostly in the good way. If you ever enjoyed Twilight Zone or Goosebumps I can assure you that you will enjoy Horror Hotel!
Oh, don’t forget, the ice machine never works and the soda is alway shot 🙂
My Personal Review:
Rating Scale: Movie Theatre, Redbox Rental, or Skip It — Redbox Rental
Cheese Factor: Vegan (no cheese), Taleggio, Limburger, Stinking Bishop — Taleggio